Interesting facts we thought you might want to know.
- Did you know that tomato juice is a risk protector from sun damage to your skin?
- Lycopene, the pigment that makes tomatoes red, has the ability to block light absorption by skin cells and can reduce skin damage by 40%. 4 oz. of tomato or V8 juice will protect your skin from skin cancer.
- Did you know Hippocrates recommends Bathtanicals Spa products?
- In 500 B.C. Hippocrates realized fishermen who soaked their injured hands in seawater had fewer infections. He advised his patients to soak in warm salt baths, called thalassotherapy. The next best thing to warm seawater is Bathtanicals Rescue and MuscleMan bath soaks.
- Did you know eating too few calories can sabotage your diet?
- Consuming less than 1200 calories a day can slow down metabolism and put your body into "starvation mode". If your body thinks it is being starved, it will hold onto calories thereby slowing down weight loss.
- Did you know workaholics get "leisure sickness" when on vacation?
- Don't get sick on your vacation. Many workaholics don't take all of their vacation days because there is too much work to do. And, 14% say they worry about missing something important. "Leisure sickness" involves mental stress, migraines, nausea or flu-like symptoms.
- Did you know it's really better to give? Really!
- Donating blood gives you a good feeling inside (just think of all those people you're helping) and research shows giving blood can keep your circulatory system healthy by reducing excess iron in the bloodstream, which can contribute to artery damage.
- Did you know drugs and vitamins get sick, too?
- Don't keep vials of drugs and vitamins in the bathroom medicine chest or kitchen. The humidity and heat can diminish the effectiveness of many medications and supplements. Instead, relocate your medications to a cool, dry, visible spot, such as your bedroom bureau or the dining room table...but keep them out of direct sunlight, which damages drugs as well. Toss a bottle if you notice pills flaking or capsules sticking together-both signs of moisture damage.
- Did you know you can hypnotize yourself?
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply. Silently repeat the words "calm" and "relax". Imagine relaxation starting at the top of your head and flowing down to your toes. Feel all your muscles releasing, as you're soothed and comforted. With every breath you take, think: discomfort is flowing away from my body. When you are ready, take a deep breath, and count to 10. At 10, you will be alert and happy.
- Did you know that scented sheets can help you get a good night's sleep?
- Spraying Bathtanicals Ocean Mist Body Spritz lightly on bed linens will freshen them and create a relaxing ambience to promote a deep, relaxing sleep.
- Did you know that you can deep condition your hair with avocados?
- Mashed up avocados massaged into your hair will hydrate dry, brittle hair because avocados are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. Work the avocados through your hair and wrap your hair in a towel. Use a hair dryer for about 10 minutes, wash and rinse.
- Did you know you can remove eye makeup gently with sweet almond oil?
- Not only can you remove eye makeup easily, the sweet almond oil also hydrates, soothes and softens the skin around your eyes.
- Did you know Cleopatra was a pretty smart cookie?
- Adding a few cups of milk to your bath will soothe, hydrate and exfoliate your skin. The lactic acid in milk is an excellent non-irritating exfoliate especially suitable for sensitive skin.
- Did you know the scent of roses can uplift your frame of mind?
- The scent of roses is documented to have a positive influence on feelings of anger and can create a soothing effect on the mind and emotions, especially with feelings of depression. Drop a Rose Fizzing Bath Blizzard into your tub and change your attitude.
- Did you know soy candles are rapidly gaining popularity because they are so earth friendly?
- Soy candles, made from soybeans, the "Miracle Bean", use cotton wicks to accommodate the low melting point of soy wax. The clean burning soy candle burns longer and the cotton wick does not create soot as it burns. The melted soy oil of the candle is easily absorbed and hydrates skin and nourishes dry cuticles. Check out Bathtanicals Extra-SOY-dinary Candle.
- Did you know you can remove chemical buildup on hair with bananas?
- The fruit acids of mashed up bananas remove buildup and add shine to hair.
- Did you know you can relieve the tenseness in the upper back and shoulders without a masseuse?
- An easy way to relieve upper back and shoulder tightness, lie on the floor and position a rolled bath towel under your spine. You will feel your tight shoulder and chest muscles stretch and open up relieving the tighteness from hunching over a desk all day.
- Did you know that adding extra virgin olive oil and vitamin E to your bath, helps in extreme weather conditions?
- Adding a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and one softgel Vitamin E to a warm bath (especially during the winter months), is good for skin and hair. These two oils are a great way to battle dry, cracked skin and serve as protection against the drying effects of cold weather. They also help slow down signs of premature aging in the skin. Repeat this formula ONCE a month. Do not use too much oil or vitamin E, as both can clog your pores.
- Did you know that after you wash and condition your hair, you can use the same product as part of your over all skin conditioner?
- Yes, that is true. Put a small amount of conditioner in the palm of your hands and apply to skin (sparingly). Let it remain on your skin for at least one minute. This is a great time to shave or even clean down the shower. After a couple minutes, rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Did you know that singing Y.M.C.A. in the shower, helps your sinuses?
- It sure does. Sing - sing any song...sing it proud and sing it strong! It helps your throat and lungs to expand, while experiencing the benefits of mist and moisture...and you never knew when those Karaoke lessons were going to pay off!
- Did you know not all lathers are created the same?
- Some soap manufacturers add synthetic and/or chemical additives to their soap to enhance an illusion of cleansing. Bathtanicals products do have a luxurious lather to them, however it all comes naturally from our select ingredients. Furthermore, a natural lather will rinse off without leaving a slippery feeling... without the residue that synthetics can leave behind.
- Did you know that you can use our products in a Standard Bath, Spa Bath or Hot Tub?
- Isn't that awesome? All of our products are safe for Spa Baths and Hot Tubs. ... and we think that you are going to love them any way you use them.
- Pregnant? Consult your doctor before using any bath and skin products with essential oils.
- Your skin is the body's largest organ. Skin absorbs, that's why patches are so useful to control weight, ovulation, smoking, etc. Essential oils are natural, potent and useful for medicinal purposes. Always consult your doctor before using products with essential oils, especially if you are pregnant, have high or low blood pressure, have seizures diabetes, or heart problems.
~ Free Shipping Offer ~
Free domestic shipping on
retail orders $40.00 or more!
"Thanks for shipping my reorder of Rescue so quickly. Working in a hair salon for long hours leaves me with sore, achy feet and muscles. Rescue refreshes and invigorates whether I use it in the tub or the shower." - Darlene, Tarpon Springs, FLA
Search to find your favorite Bathtanicals skin care products
Subscribe to our monthly e-letter.
Our e-letter provides promotional notices, helpful tips, and ingredient information.